Small is the new big (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 15:20 (2758 days ago) @ dogcow

Nor should it. If I'm year ten I am playing year one stuff that is just lazy. New new new please.

How the hell is it lazy? I'm not saying they shouldn't add content. They should. They should spend just as much time and effort as they have to date, if not more, adding content to a stable platform without taking it away. By year 10 the game should be 10x bigger than it was in Year 1, and that shouldn't require giving up one square meter of what has been built.

I'm with you. I think Cody's reaction is a perfect example of what I'm worried about Bungie having to manage if they include old content. People seeing it as a negative instead of a positive. "Bungie's too lazy to make new stuff," even if they did make as much new stuff in D2 as they had in D1.

There is a cost to keeping old stuff, namely having the systems in place to support it. If you keep old stuff, you have to keep a lot of other things that are best left behind.

Their ability to manage old content is questionable. Cruel tells me that if you play the game from the beginning now, with Questification, that it is not only a flow killing series of back and forth to the tower, but the game also has you starting Taken King missions before you even do the Crota raid. Which makes no sense because you haven't killed Crota yet!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread