Today, we fix Iron Banner. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, October 16, 2017, 08:24 (2396 days ago) @ Korny

Power Levels - Why no power levels all of sudden? Could this be related to the PC release?

If I had to guess, I'd say Bungie perhaps felt that making power levels apply to PvP didn't actually add anything interesting or fun to the game.

No, I think this is just a thing for the first Iron Banner. If I had to guess, the majority of players probably hadn't hit a high enough power level for Bungie to feel comfortable with hitting them with this twist (sure, you could point to Trials as proof against this, but I think IB is being treated as more of a special event to whet the appetite for the general, more casual crowd who wants more events and updates).

Possibly, but I can’t help thinking that if Bungie had any desire to have a PvP mode where power level matters, then right now is the best time to do it. Because in another month, everyone will be so close to max level that it won’t matter at all.

I think you’re bang on with regards to Bungie treating IB as a more mass-appeal event, and I think that is precisely why we won’t see power levels return to IB. Nothing makes people who have stepped away from D2 want to jump back in like telling them “hey, not only are less practiced than the hardcore fans who play all the time, but you do less damage now too!” ;p

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread