Drops are definitely troublesome this time around. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, October 16, 2017, 15:14 (2396 days ago) @ Kahzgul

All of which tells me that the game isn't fun enough for people to want to play on their own, regardless of whether there are loot drops or not.

Really? For me D2 is way better than D1. At pretty much every level and every activity. It does not have an infinite amount to do, but with the additions of the Adventures, it has way more good, hand crafted, voiced mission content than any Bungie game before it.

I think the randomness and uncaring nature of the RNG is pretty bad at the moment. But I think that can be solved in a number of ways. Maybe let us buy vendor armor / weapons directly again with Tokens so playing enough means we can complete the set we want. Or maybe explicitly make it so this round of Iron Banner will only give out the helmet but tell us next round will be the chest pieces so we aren't flailing away not getting something that we want.

But yeah... the idea that the game isn't fun enough strikes me as... if not wrong, then not giving enough consideration to what people say they are wanting as opposed to the actual problems.

P.S. You're ascribing negatives to Bungie again where they may not necessarily fit. My thought on chasing the dragon is that D2 has made it VASTLY easier than in most or all iterations of D1. For instance, there was never a point where I was stuck at a level like happened in early D1. Did Bungie want me chasing the dragon more then or now??

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread