Today, we fix Iron Banner. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, October 16, 2017, 10:44 (2396 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It's just a bad idea in general. If power matters a great deal, then if you aren't max level it's hopeless. If it doesn't, then well it doesn't really matter. Even in Destiny, you had to be almost 30 light lower for the power level difference to even start becoming apparent, so it basically never mattered then either.

I’d need to go look up the graph again, but my feeling was being underleveled wasn’t too much of a problem as far as gun exchanges were concerned, but the effects on grenade damage seemed a bit more dramatic. To the point that sure sticky kills ended up not being so sure after all even when I was within in 10 or so levels of the enemy. Probably because gunfire tended to overkill enemies while grenades did just enough to kill.

In any case, yeah, I’m glad power level is being reduced as a thing. Mostly, it serves to either make the PvE less enjoyable by turning everything into bullet sponges or makes the PvP less enjoyable by giving an advantage to the group that got better drops or had more time to play.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread