My eyes! (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, October 16, 2017, 15:32 (2396 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Possibly, but I can’t help thinking that if Bungie had any desire to have a PvP mode where power level matters, then right now is the best time to do it. Because in another month, everyone will be so close to max level that it won’t matter at all.

It's just a bad idea in general. If power matters a great deal, then if you aren't max level it's hopeless. If it doesn't, then well it doesn't really matter. Even in Destiny, you had to be almost 30 light lower for the power level difference to even start becoming apparent, so it basically never mattered then either.

I think you’re bang on with regards to Bungie treating IB as a more mass-appeal event, and I think that is precisely why we won’t see power levels return to IB. Nothing makes people who have stepped away from D2 want to jump back in like telling them “hey, not only are less practiced than the hardcore fans who play all the time, but you do less damage now too!” ;p

It looks like Bungie is slowly (and rightly in my mind) shifting away from power level as a thing. I would love to see it go away completely for D3stiny.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread