Noclip Documentary -- Warframe (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, March 13, 2018, 21:40 (2244 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Korny, Tuesday, March 13, 2018, 21:44

What's the context for this second dream quest? Why was it so affecting? I'm curious because you can explain the context, and I remember you mentioning it before and posting people's reactions to it which were really intense.

I mean, the context for why it's been so affecting for (new-ish) players is pretty well spelled-out in SkillUp's video for it. Beyond that, it's more of a "you had to be there" thing. As I've often posted, the game, its lore, and a player's understanding and place in it has been constantly growing and evolving since the game first released, so for someone who has been playing the game for three or four years, to have a revelation thrown in your face that not only "changes everything", but that makes complete sense within the context of all of the lore (and the HBO-in-its-prime levels of fan speculation, forum posts, and story analysis). It's impactful, and the team really took it to heart moving forward, making sure that quests are not only important to the lore, but that they answer key questions, while bringing up new ones for fans to speculate on until they decide to answer them (despite the major revelations of The Second Dream, for example, there are a number of important questions brought up that have never been answered, though a major one looks to be part of one of this year's quests).

As for what the quests revelations are, how they change everything moving forward, and how they relate to the past, present, and future lore and gameplay, it's something that you have to be there for.
I've told you some of it, but beyond that, I'd rather not say. The farther I can keep you from Warframe, Cody, the better. You have some pretty retarded opinions sometimes, and I think we get enough ignorance and negativity on your end without you having a swath of things that you can do your best to nitpick on.

All you need to know is that Warframe has Microtransactions, so you shouldn't ever play it. ;)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread