They need the right developer (Gaming)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, March 26, 2018, 09:55 (2231 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Don't know if I'll be able to play tonight, but this discussion did inspire me to dust off femshep. She's working through ME2 DLC at the moment. (That was my ritual, finish the DLC of the previous game right before jumping into the next installment.) The graphics and animations are a bit dated, but you can forgive a lot when the writing and voice acting are decent. I've enjoyed jumping back into this universe.

I actually found myself pretty impressed by how good it still looked, in the grand scheme of things. There are definitely some rough edges, but I think it has held up remarkably well.

And yes, it really is a very good, well written game. It’s a fantastic universe, and I honestly hope EA doesn’t let it sit on the shelf for too long.

I think Bioware today just isn’t what they used to be. Even as far back as ME3 (which I loved), there were signs that the studio was drifting away from the elements that made KotOR, ME1, and ME2 so spectacular and unique. There are studios today that do spectacular work, but those 3 games were so thoroughly infused withBioware’s specific style and intelligence, it’s hard for me to imagine another team coming up with a new game that feels true to the originals. Not that the Remy aren’t other ways to go. But I can’t help feeling that Mass Effect has gone the way of Halo; somebody might continue to make new ME games, and they might even be great, but they probably won’t scratch the same itch as the originals.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread