Mass Effect 3. (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, March 22, 2018, 19:40 (2235 days ago) @ stabbim

I’m getting ready to start Mass Effect 3. God of War is in a month, so I’ll have a few weeks to dive in, depending on how quickly I get through ME3.

Is this a replay, or have you never played ME3 before?

Just throwing it out there if it is your first time, ME3 has a multiplayer mode which is truly one of the best co-op games ever made IMO. I'd probably still be playing it actively if I had a consistent group (at one time, there was a group that was on almost every night). If you want to give that a try, I'm always up for it and I'd probably make an OK sherpa.

I didn't want to start a new thread, so and this seemed like a decent enough jumping off point.

I'm about 11 hours into Mass Effect 3. I played it once when it first launched, and I remember being disappointed by it. I didn't hate the ending like most seemed to (although I don't particularly like it either)--I don't recall many specifics as to why, I just remember feeling let down by the game.

Now I'm really not sure why, because I am enjoying the hell out of this game. It actually does a really great job of making the galaxy feel like it's in a state of war. Every time you finish a mission and load up the galaxy map, it seems like three or four more things that you need to deal with open up. It really does convey being overwhelmed with shit to deal with. If I remember correctly, that doens't really pay off in that you don't actually have to make any difficult decisions and can still take all the time you want and do everything.

Also, the way they use the old crew members is great. Reuniting with Liara and having her join your crew (and Garrus, obviously) is great. All the stuff that happens with Kaiden and him not trusting you due to your dealings with Cerberus is well done, I think. And the way they use ME2 crew members like Mordin and Thane where they are not a part of your crew but are working with you to accomplish goals until they sacrifice themselves for the cause is really affecting and well executed.

As a side note, does anyone know which DLC is worth getting? I'm going to buy Citdal, because I never did go back and do that. But I think there's a few others, Leviathan and some other one, but I'm not sure if they're really worth spending the extra $25 for.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread