Mass Effect 3. (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, March 23, 2018, 11:29 (2234 days ago) @ stabbim
edited by Korny, Friday, March 23, 2018, 12:24

Leviathan was definitely the standout for me. There are things in that story that made me feel very small and in awe in a way I hadn't felt since that first conversation with Sovereign. Do you remember this extremely intriguing snippet from a planet description way back in ME1?

"Jartar is noted for the discovery of the 'Leviathan of Dis,' the apparent corpse of a genetically engineered living starship. The Leviathan was found in the bottom of a crater by a batarian survey team, and estimated to be nearly a billion years old. It 'disappeared' after a visit to the system by a batarian dreadnought twenty years ago.

Since then, the batarians have steadfastly denied that the Leviathan existed at all – and all the more vociferously when shown recordings of the corpse made by salarian researchers. "

I never played the Mass Effect 1 DLC with Balak in it, so I didn't learn this until much later, but if Balak survived the events of ME1, he shows up in ME3, and he tells Shepard about the Leviathan of Dis, and how it actually indoctrinated the Batarian scientists and leading military/government, which explains how the Batarians stood zero chance against the Reaper invasion (and probably why they were the first quadrant targeted). It's pretty cool. Darn shame that you don't get that info at all unless you keep him alive though.

Still, it was pretty scary not knowing, since throughout ME3, you just hear that the Batarians have been pretty much completely wiped out before the events of the game, so you get the boogeyman vibe from the Reapers.

I assume the Leviathan DLC touches up on this...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread