Fun Thread - Crota designer looks back on the raid (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, November 05, 2018, 08:01 (2006 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

That's pretty funny, not in a "haha" way, but in a "how 'bout that" way. I'm ignorant and curious when it comes to game dev in this regard but how do they test these type of things? It seems like "we" played most of the encounters "wrong"...how did nobody internally play it like "us"? There sure seem to be a lot of these oops moments with Destiny.

When you are building something a certain way, it's very easy to then test it the way you built it. That is the whole reason why you usually have a separate testing department than the developers or why you have someone else look at your paper after you write it. But even testers are told "this is how the encounter goes, try and break it" but you only have so many testers and when it's released it tested against thousands of encounters so... I can't even imagine how hard it would be to make raids cheese proof.

I would like to offer my service for future content. Bungie, I am a good candidate for when you ask "ok, how would the dumbest guardian approach this?"

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread