Fun Thread - Crota designer looks back on the raid (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, November 05, 2018, 14:45 (2006 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Once I beat Riven, I fully expect to just never do it again. It is literally the least fun encounter I’ve ever done in Destiny.

The cheese is your friend :)

I did 3 LFG raids last week. All 3 groups blew right through Riven. The last group I ran with beat the whole raid in under an hour, with no wipes. Makes the whole thing a lot more fun and pain-free.

And what if I want to do it for real my first time? This is the pain of waiting: the encounters are ruined. That's fine if you've already figured them out, but not if you haven't :-(

Totally just my own opinion here, but for me the Riven encounter isn’t worth the effort of doing it “properly”. It isn’t fun for me. It isn’t challenging or exciting or daunting in a way that makes me say “this is tough but it’s going to feel so good when I beat it!”. Don’t take my word for it, because it’s utterly subjective. But for me, Riven is Destiny gameplay at its worst. Which is not bad, because it’s still Destiny :) It just doesn’t highlife any of the elements of the game that I enjoy.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread