It's safer (Destiny)

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Monday, November 05, 2018, 12:11 (2006 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I find that the newer raids are too often dependent on every player understanding the entire encounter perfectly. There often no room for 1 player to make a mistake without causing a wipe for the whole group. My problem with this is that it raises the skill-floor that's required to make it through the raids up to a level that I worry is too high for the community at large. I could say with confidence to most D1 players "Your raid group can make it through VoG... it just might take some groups more time and practice than others". I don't think that can be said for Riven. Or even the vanilla D2 raids. I think they've moved up to a level of complexity and are demanding of perfection in a way that puts them out of reach for a lot of players out there.

I can completely agree here. It does feel like you need to understand the WHOLE thing, which is not bad or good really (depending on player knowledge etc), whereas you had a singular role in each encounter before. I did feel I could run each raid in D1 with different people each time and complete it. Not at all in D2. I feel like I need the same crew, so we have the same thoughts etc.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread