Destiny sort-of expansion pass (Destiny)

by nash, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 10:14 (3466 days ago) @ Korny

-Playstation exclusive strike "The Undying Mind", set in the Black Garden, with an exclusive Exotic item as well.

I'm not one usually to complain about business practices like these because I generally feel like an informed consumer who can decide not to buy something if I don't like it. When the launch exclusives were announced for Destiny, I, as a soon-to-be XB1 owner, was understandably a bit disappointed but felt I was being treated fairly because I was being informed ahead of time and could cancel my pre-order if I desired.

With this announcement, it's a very different case in that I have already purchased the Destiny expansion pass based on the description and advertising offered to both playstation and xbox owners. Informing me now that I will be excluded from some content leaves me no recourse.

Some might argue that the advertising was for the base content, but if true, that would be very unfair. It's akin to two neighbors who each see an advertisement for a new model car and decide to buy it only to have one neighbor informed after purchase that his car would arrive without any passenger seats or air conditioning. Maybe a practice like that is legally defensible, but is it right?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread