Smart man automates Destiny grinding (Destiny)

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 12:23 (3384 days ago) @ Claude Errera

1. Destiny's progression/reward system is so frustratingly slow/broken that ^THIS^ is a preferable alternative for some.

Let's change that 'some' to 'one', okay? He's the first guy any of us has heard of doing this. With a 10 million player userbase, that's... hmm...

.00001% of the players (so far).

(I'm just saying - please don't try and draw any general conclusions from this. Which is what you just did. :) )

Yes, he's the first we've heard of building a servo-bot like this, but he's not the first to think of ways around the "standard" pathway, and he's definitely not the first one to be frustrated by the slow progression of alt-characters. He's just the first to think, literally, outside the (X)box. Just because we haven't heard of anyone else building bots doesn't mean we can't deduce that this might be a preferable method for more than just ONE in 10-million.

Maybe I should've said "might be" or "could be" instead of "IS", but I think that's a bit hair-splitting. From what I know of you, I'm fairly certain you're not worried I speak for you, so I'm now more curious why my statement bothered you so.... ?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread