I have to disagree, I thought this was the only good point. (Destiny)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 13:43 (3385 days ago) @ iconicbanana

See, here you've changed the conditions of the game; you're playing a different game. It's no longer about progressing through the game, it's about playing with friends. But there's still challenge and conditions of failure.

It's not really hard to change the scenario to fit. Say instead of playing Rock Band, you and your friends want to do an all-Titan run of the Vault of Glass in a few days, but your Titan is only a level 4. You've got real life stuff like work and kids can't spare the time that the game will require you to sit in front of your TV to have your Titan ready by raid night. So you set up your bot to grind you to 20 while you're at work, and instead of spending five or six hours running another character through the early "story" missions when you get home, you can jump right into earning Vanguard and Crucible marks to get you ready for the part of the game you enjoy most, the raid.

I'm not arguing for either side here (though I'd be tempted to do the same thing just for the occasional armor drop that I could break down into sapphire wire for my hunter), but I did want to point out that it's not too difficult to see how the Rock Band scenario could be applied to Destiny.

-Disciple

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread