A common inventory would make life easier (Destiny)

by scarab @, Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 10:00 (3384 days ago) @ Korny

Nope. I noticed an odd thing last night. When I was running Nightfall last night with Cruel and Cody, I simply switched Characters and ran it. They all have different weapons at their disposal, and it's fun to adapt and push through... Cody spent about ten minutes each time swapping over all of his gear between his identical Hunters, and by the time he was done and joining us, we were already done killing the Ogre right before Crota. He missed out on over half of the Nightfall just to optimize his characters to guarantee that he would have his "correct version of fun." despite the fact that the argument could be made that he was "wasting people's time" and "forcing the game to take longer"... Something that he claims to avoid.

Problem avoided if gear stayed in the vault (AKA inventory). He could equip his perfect gear set on all three hunters once and then not have to do anything again until he picked up a better piece of gear.

No waiting around for Cody. Yay!

I too agree. My Warlock alone has three distinct loadouts that I like to run, all play differently from one another, and it's frustrating sometimes to realize that I don't have the "right" loadout equipped, since I'll have to either adjust my entire strategy, or spend time in the menus swapping out perks and gear...

With a better vault you could switch faster - you could avoid the mini-game where you shuffle between characters and put stuff into and out of the vault to avoid space limitations. So things would be quicker on the days when you want to switch gear.

That doesn't help you switch perks so it would be nice if the game had loadouts. I imagine that you select a Create Loadout button and it displays a page that lets you:

Then when you click create it saves the current setup of an alt to a loadout.

Maybe you could use the navigator to associate a loadout with a location, if you were feeling really lazy and stuck in your ways. You could have specific layouts based on:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread