Smart man automates Destiny grinding (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 16:29 (3384 days ago) @ Korny
edited by Cody Miller, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 16:36

Nope. I noticed an odd thing last night. When I was running Nightfall last night with Cruel and Cody, I simply switched Characters and ran it. They all have different weapons at their disposal, and it's fun to adapt and push through... Cody spent about ten minutes each time swapping over all of his gear between his identical Hunters, and by the time he was done and joining us, we were already done killing the Ogre right before Crota. He missed out on over half of the Nightfall just to optimize his characters to guarantee that he would have his "correct version of fun." despite the fact that the argument could be made that he was "wasting people's time" and "forcing the game to take longer"... Something that he claims to avoid.

1. It should not have to take that much time to switch if Bungie let you access your vault from orbit.
2. Spending a few minutes swapping weapons is to me better than splitting resources to level separate weapons for each character, requiring longer grind times.
3. You both did fine without me :-)
4. If I had gone in with sub par weapons, you'd be frustrated that I would be taking so long to kill stuff.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread