Smart man automates Destiny grinding (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 18:09 (3384 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Nope. I noticed an odd thing last night. When I was running Nightfall last night with Cruel and Cody, I simply switched Characters and ran it. They all have different weapons at their disposal, and it's fun to adapt and push through... Cody spent about ten minutes each time swapping over all of his gear between his identical Hunters, and by the time he was done and joining us, we were already done killing the Ogre right before Crota. He missed out on over half of the Nightfall just to optimize his characters to guarantee that he would have his "correct version of fun." despite the fact that the argument could be made that he was "wasting people's time" and "forcing the game to take longer"... Something that he claims to avoid.

1. It should not have to take that much time to switch if Bungie let you access your vault from orbit.

That's not the reality of how things are, so it's still your fault.

2. Spending a few minutes swapping weapons is to me better than splitting resources to level separate weapons for each character, requiring longer grind times.

Don't you complain about having to level every single weapon, though? Clearly you should have a number of weapons of each element to spread across three characters. You don't NEEEEEEED to be packing a specific Loadout all the time.

3. You both did fine without me :-)

Well yeah, I had Cruel to carry us.

4. If I had gone in with sub par weapons, you'd be frustrated that I would be taking so long to kill stuff.

You frustrate us anyway with your usual gameplay antics, so I don't see what would change. ;)
Heck, my Titan isn't even carrying a leveled primary (the 331 IB rifle, remember?) and I did just fine.
Besides, with burns, even a completely unleveled arc weapon is a formidable force. I was using my brand new Light of the Abyss.
Also, you said yourself that rolling three characters has given you tons of raid gear. I don't see why you can't simply leave it on your alts. Completely unleveled, it still gets you to 30...

Also you said it yourself: you had to RNG to get the boots.

I simply rolled the boots as RNG, but level-wise, they made zero difference compared to the Vanguard/Crucible legs. The only reason I didn't buy them was because I got the raid boots on my first Crota run. I opted instead to buy Gauntlets that I liked (One shader gives the Hunter the signature blue wristbands that I've worn IRL for years, so yay customization). I didn't need RNG to hit 31, it was simply dropped in my lap as a surprise bonus (as all Loot should be perceived), which opened me up to more opportunities to buy things that I liked...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread