Maybe this is why Bungie hates story-telling now? (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, February 06, 2015, 13:02 (3375 days ago) @ yakaman

The *true* story of the Didact and Librarian and Medicant and Offensive Bias in Halo 3 was also text and was fantastic. That said, the Halos had good storytelling in cutscene form. The problem with Destiny is the story was not told either in text or cutscene. It feels like they have a great story but have not gotten around to telling enough of it to us yet... It's too split up... too teasing... and in some cases just plain too incomplete...

I'd be curious as to how much story-telling cut-scenes (and whatever other media is included) costs. Not just $$$ for the CGI or scripting, but what it means in terms of other features reduced or cut out.

I say this because the more I've played Destiny, the more I've read the Grimoire cards, the more fan-created story elements I've watched...the less I feel the need for a traditional, fully-fleshed story in Destiny.

My point is...is it worth it? At this point, do I want Bungie to start adding/maintaining/supporting story-telling mechanisms, or do I want more content. More Strikes, more Raids, more patrols, etc.

Dragon Age Inquisition has wonderful, cinematic presentation of story moment. Skyrim had nothing like that. I love both games. Bungie has chosen not to put it's eggs in that basket, and maybe I don't care so much?

Right. I think to some extent the connect the dots style of storytelling was intended and would even still exist if Destiny also had a strong, Halo style cutscene centric story.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread