Speculation Saturday #2: The Fall (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, August 31, 2013, 08:41 (3892 days ago) @ yakaman

First - I love these, and your image analysis.

Thanks! :)

How did the Traveler save us? Were the baddies an overwhelming force that it wiped up/reduced? If so, why don't the baddies just wait for reinforcement?

I can think of a few possibilities (in addition to the space magic boon the Traveler apparently gives Guardians):

• "Safe Zone" - The Traveler creates a safe zone underneath which the baddies cannot go. This gave humanity a fallback and a place to gather strength. Since this does not prohibit baddie reinforcements, there would be effectively unlimited baddies. Difficult to overcome, even with the safe zone.

One of the quotes tells us that Titans died defending the wall, so I'm thinking that baddies can land elsewhere and hoof it, but air and space travel around The Traveler is highly dangerous / impossible. Also since The City seems to be built on the island of the Philippines you'd have to get even more creative to attack it since it appears (with a bit of fumbling in Google Earth) that The Traveler would be in view overhead from any landing spot on the island.

• "Closed Arena" - The Traveler's sacrifice closed off the solar system from the rest of the galaxy, preventing reinforcements and emphasizing humanity's home field advantage.

I hadn't thought of that one. It's a neat idea that The Traveler's influence extends well beyond Earth. I like it! :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread