Speculation Saturday #2: The Fall (Destiny)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, September 04, 2013, 11:06 (3887 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Some possibilities that have been rolling around in my head:
- I wonder if it's something like Titan AE, where a small part of some alien race decided that Humanity was growing too strong during the golden age and wanted to wipe us out.
- I'm thinking the pyramid aliens might be part of the race that tried to wipe us out which is why they aren't going to be featured as one of our main opponents initially - we need time to gather strength.
- During their attack, people were trying to flee the solar system.
- Perhaps some got away and are further out in the universe to be discovered during the sequel?
- Somehow we got the traveller to intervene.
- Perhaps someone figured out how to control it?
- Or, perhaps the humans in destiny have forgotten, the traveller was a human creation all along and we sacrificed it to save ourselves. If that were the case, then the Traveller would likely have been some kind of top-secret project and everyone on board was killed in the final battle so that nobody knew it's true origins. Again, I'm thinking something kind of like Titan AE - the Titan was designed to create/terraform planets in that movie which is pretty similar to what the traveller did.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread