Speculation Saturday #2: The Fall (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, September 04, 2013, 14:45 (3886 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I do like me some Titan AE. Strangely though I don't own it… I keep meaning to buy it and keep forgetting… Anyway, yeah. Good ideas!

- Somehow we got the traveller to intervene.

I hadn't considered the idea that perhaps Humanity requested The Traveler's aid. I'd always thought of it as seeing our destruction and intervening. But we were a Golden Age system spanning people. It seems very possible if not tipping the scale slightly towards likely that our distress signals to each other, if not to The Traveler itself, are the things that got The Traveler's attention.

- Perhaps someone figured out how to control it?

That would be intriguing and a bit scary. Off that idea come the idea that controlling it was a bad thing and no wonder a group of aliens are now mad at us. It would also answer the question of what killing the last few million Humans would accomplish that killing the first several billion didn't.

- Or, perhaps the humans in destiny have forgotten, the traveller was a human creation all along and we sacrificed it to save ourselves. If that were the case, then the Traveller would likely have been some kind of top-secret project and everyone on board was killed in the final battle so that nobody knew it's true origins. Again, I'm thinking something kind of like Titan AE - the Titan was designed to create/terraform planets in that movie which is pretty similar to what the traveller did.

Yep. I'm thinking The Traveler was alien since it fits with my theory it is the thing that gave us FTL capability, but I agree that we can't rule out it being of Human design. Since it doesn't seem to have been designed in our system that would make its origin that much more interesting.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread