Rampant Speculation (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Sunday, September 08, 2013, 07:09 (3881 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I like the idea of the Fallen as a race that previously was bestowed gifts by the Traveler, and then were nearly wiped out. It puts them in an almost-sympathetic light, not so different from the humanity's Guardians.

However, the feeling I just can't shake is that they're more related to humanity than we currently have any reason to suspect. And this may just be residual Forerunner-were-Humans stuff kicking around in my brain, but my favorite thought relating to their origins is that perhaps during the Golden Age, humanity split into different factions that adhered to (or eschewed) genetic engineering. The Fallen obviously would have taken this to extremes, making themselves literally inhuman, and possibly gone their own way in the galaxy. This theory would at least explain claiming every world humanity has touched. Because, y'know. They would already have been there, reclaiming whatever they could of their lost humanity.

~M

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread