Humans = Fallen?? (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Sunday, September 08, 2013, 14:44 (3854 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I don't entirely disagree. And huge swaths of my theories and others', I'm sure; are wildly wrong, but this part of the game is the most fun for me. Once we get our hands on it and are really able to sink our teeth in, it will be a wholly different kind of love. (eww.)

I had thought that bipedal, symmetrical physiology was a little boring when we got introduced to all the races we've seen so far, so I figured that some, if maybe not all of them could have started out as human (the Cabal could have, easily). Freaky alien locomotion has been one thing I've really wanted to see lots of, and we get that with the Fallen and their walkers. I'm hoping there's more to come.

But speaking of Golden Ages got me thinking of this little gem I read a couple years ago:

[image]

Which, as it turns out, deals with humanity's empire across our own system. While Wright isn't the greatest author, he's got some incredibly imaginative ideas that are largely rooted in hard science. And there are a couple that resonate (to me) with things we've seen out of Destiny thus far.

I kind of want to ask DeeJ for a reading list (if this kind of thing hasn't been discussed already) of the inspirational reading that had factored heavily into Destiny's development, in the same way that Starhammer and the Vang books, Ringworld, as well as The Mote series (among others) factored into Halo's story.

~M

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread