Having missions for loot blows. (Destiny)

by Funkmon @, Friday, December 22, 2017, 05:22 (2471 days ago) @ Kahzgul
edited by Funkmon, Friday, December 22, 2017, 05:27

I have zero memory of getting the sleeper simulant. I had a lot of fun getting Outbreak Prime with Zero yelling numbers at us, but I feel no attachment to it. I don't remember how I got my glowy fishbowl helmet on my Warlock in Destiny 2, but I do know it's one of my first exotics and I'm slowly becoming attached to it. You want to know the guns I remember getting most vividly?

My Gyllenhaal from Ir Yut, finally.

Probablylast's Gyllenhaal from us cheesing the Abyss chest. It's also where I got my Dragon's Breath, which I love.

My Field Scout Vanquisher, which we got after a particularly rough nightfall on my hunter.

Bluerunner's Fatebringer, which he got after forever.

My Field Scout Zombie Apocalypse from a crucible game where I had 20 kills.

My Light/BEWARE or whatever that thing was called from loot caving.

The thing about the missions for guns and loot is everyone has the same story. You know it's coming. No flashpoint memory is saved. There's no "holy crap a goddamn Icebreaker!" There is a "well, I've gotta go look at chests on Venus and I'll get this Super Good Advice machine." This kept me from really forming any attachment to my gear from TTK, with the exception of my Suros DIS 47 scout rifle with appended mag.

I heard that these could roll with full auto. So, I picked up the gunsmith thingies for the Suros scout rifles and waited, and waited, and waited. Sometimes a decent roll would show up. No, that's not right. Eventually, the perfect roll happened. Full auto, appended mag, the right sights, the balance perk, I just about ruined my pants. And I used it constantly. I never knew if it was going to show up, but I knew what I was hoping for, and one day when I got it, I used it literally for the next year and a half until Destiny 2 came out.

That's one I remember. That's one for which I feel something. Not the stupid black hammer quest I had to grind through with Chappy 15 times. The one that just popped up.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread