Having missions for loot blows. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, December 22, 2017, 06:43 (2378 days ago) @ Funkmon

I’m starting to miss random rolls a bit. I know I’m the guy that rallied against them, and for the most part I hold true to that. I like knowing what things are.

The thing that’s made me reconsider is armor. I’ve playing Hunter a lot, and all the Recovery armor is ugly. So I’m forced to pick between useless armor or ugly armor, and that blows.

Guns are a bit more complicated. I like that the guns are just the guns and that I know what I’m getting. However, it means 90% of the guns I get are immediately sharded or infused. In Destiny, there was always that one perk combination that could drastically change the way I feel about a gun. In Destiny 2, if I dislike that gun, I’m going to dislike it forever. That’s not necessarily a problem, but it is less interesting, and the fact that I dislike so many of the guns in Destiny 2 makes the set perks feel worse than they might actually be.

I dunno.

I’ve been playing Destiny 2 really hard since CoO came out, and I’ve been really enjoying the day to day play more than I have maybe ever. But it’s also all sort of blending together, and I think that’s mostly down to loot variety being lacking. I know which armor I need—if it’s not recovery its gone. I know which weapons I like, and other than the odd exotic, I either have or have had at one point most of them. Almost everything I get now ends up being sharded.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread