User error (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, December 22, 2017, 10:20 (2471 days ago) @ Funkmon

I just played Destiny. I didn't grind for stuff. I had a few things I would like to get, and then I played the game. Eventually I got them.

I understand a lot of people felt the pull to grind until they were burned out, but I never did. I just eventually got the stuff through playing.

And that’s definitely the best way to approach the game while avoiding frustration, but what I’m getting at is that the game was built in such a way that to care about chasing gear would create a frustrating situation. In other words, it was a loot game where the best way to enjoy it was to not care about loot.

For me, the problem was largely that most of the gear in the game was utterly boring to play with. D1 with most guns just wasn’t fun for me. But D1 with Fatebringer, Black Hammer, and Gjallarhorn was a riot. If gear wasn’t RNG based, I could have done what I needed to do in order to acquire the gear I wanted to play with, then spent the majority of my time with the game having fun with my new toys. But D1 just wasn’t built that way. D2 is much better in this regard, IMO, except they haven’t created weapons that are as fun or exciting to use.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread