Where are you now? (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, January 16, 2018, 16:19 (2263 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I launched Destiny 2 for the first time in two weeks or so. I did enough events to get enough FWC tokens to turn in for an engram. Then realized I wasn’t actually having fun and turned it off.

It’s not a problem with Destiny. I think I’m just less interested in that type of game now. I thought I wanted to care about earning new gear, but I currently super don’t care. I was all excited to earn the FWC ornaments for my Hunter because they look cool, but grinding out Destination activities is like opposite of fun for me right now. I wish they’d go back to the old faction system so when I actually do play, I can still be building rep for drops, rather than forcing it to limited time events that turn the game into a chore.

Anyway. I’ve been home sick for the past two days. I played quite a bit of Assassin’s Creed Origins yesterday. Today I’ve been jumping around, and nothing is doing it for me so far. Started Bloodborne, but a few things are preventing me from engaging with it. The first is that I’m planning on jumping into Monster Hunter next week, and there’s no way I’ll finish Bloodborne by then. The other is that Dark Souls remastered is coming in a few months, and I need a significant break between those games. I never finished the first Dark Souls, and I’m really looking forward to going back to it, so I think Bloodborne will have to wait.

I fired up the Telltale Batman game since it was free on PS+ a while back, but I didn’t even make it through the menu before I realized that I fundamentally just don’t care enough to play it.

I lost my Zelda save on Switch, so I started that again today and might keep going through that.

It’s a weird time that comes around every so often where no game really feels right at the moment.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread