Where are you now? (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, January 16, 2018, 16:32 (2263 days ago) @ Kahzgul

My Destiny 2 fireteam now engages in different nightly rituals. For me and one friend, we Fortnite like there's no tomorrow (we won a squads game last night as a duo!). Another of our friends is playing Diablo 3, which makes me die a little inside every time I see him on. Our fourth hasn't logged on in a month. The fifth is apparently ensconced in his Nintendo Switch, which makes me both jealous of his amazing Mario and Zelda times, and also sad that he's not in chat with us. And the sixth has been playing Madden. And he doesn't even *like* sports.

Where are you folks now? Still beating the Destiny 2 Drum? Exploring other parts unknown?

Last night I re-installed The Division because I've heard it's much improved. I'm gonna verify those claims tonight. Dark times we live in.

No dark times here. I try to make a point of ignoring the negativity I see on the internet. (Some of it seeps in here I guess, but I still do my best to ignore it.)

Love D2. The quality of life improvements mostly overcome some deficits like less interesting gear (and honestly the fact that it doesn't cause me the anxiety about "keeping up" like D1 did greatly improves the quality of my REAL life). I continue to play it when I can. Mostly raids, which remain the most fun I've had playing video games.

I do admit that I am perusing my list of games. Thinking about playing Battlefield 1. Still want to play Wolfenstein: the New Order so I can play the new one (but I'm a little worried the new one might take itself too seriously).

I am curious about the Division based on some recent reevaluations I've read. Regardless, I think I just want to buy it cheap, play the campaign with a buddy or two, then bow out of the progression stuff. Don't have time for two "lifestyle" games.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread