Destiny 2 PC (Destiny)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 08:05 (2289 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I recently acquired a new gaming PC, so I've been putting it through its paces by seeing just how gorgeous it can make Destiny 2 look. I have not been disappointed. I've played the game on an Xbox One X with a 4K, HDR display and I honestly don't notice any difference when going back to my regular Xbox One and 1080P screen, but going from 30 FPS on console to a fairly steady 144 FPS on PC just feels so damned good! It still annoys me when I reach a cutscene and it drops to 30, though. I was really hoping they might have gone with 60 FPS for the Osiris scenes, but no luck. The game also crashes every time I reach the 2nd outside area of the Exodus Crash (fitting) strike, but I'll figure that out eventually.

I also snagged a bunch of stuff during the Steam Christmas sale to throw at the new rig once I've got time. At the top of the list (in no particular order) are Doom, Firewatch, Life is Strange: Before the Storm, & Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. I also backed Obduction on Kickstarter forever ago, so I'll probably go through that now that I can crank the graphics settings all the way up.

Back on console, I'm occasionally playing PUBG because the friend who left Destiny 1 for the lack of story and Destiny 2 for "imbalanced PvP" now prefers a buggy shooter that was ported to Xbox by a team that's obviously never even seen a console shooter before and has no story whatsoever.

-Disciple

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread