Extra Credit has a great video explaining PUBG (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 13:00 (2284 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Wow. That sounds like everything I hate in a game, all wrapped up in one place.

He describes all of this for thriller movies and I hate thrillers. However I loved PUBG when I played it. And I think the biggest thing that makes a difference in movies/shows as opposed to games is that I'm in control. In movies/shows I usually am smart enough to know when the axe drops and so I'm just sitting in suspense until it actually happens (just get it over with already). In games, there is the same suspense, but I don't know when it's going to happen because if I did, like movies, then I would never die.

I didn't play Trials for the first 2 years of Destiny's existence because I HATED that feeling of tension. It took a re-examination of my own attitude and goals to get me to give it another try. (Most of the tension in Trials is self-generated; if you don't CARE about the outcome, it's far less stressful.)

The stress in PUBG is external - you can't control other players, or that shrinking playspace, or a host of other things.

No, thanks. I'm good.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread