I don't care. (Criticism)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Sunday, January 21, 2018, 20:10 (2258 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by ManKitten, Sunday, January 21, 2018, 20:14

https://twitter.com/cgbarrett/status/955116457863520256

I'm not judging, but I am incredibly fascinated to know why deleting multiple shaders at once is a huge technical challenge. I am genuinely curious.

I've realized my main issue with Destiny 2 is that, I don't care about it, more specifically, I don't care about my guardian.

In Destiny 1 I complained about how it took 3 years to get my guardian the way I finally wanted him to look, with the main part of the equation being shader that was orange, black and white. Now in D2, once again, my guardian doesn't satisfy my visual cravings. ALL of the armors are boring and none of the shaders appeal to me. The content of the game isn't substantial enough for me to want to grind for new gear to make my hunter look better because I keep getting the saaaaame stuff over and over.

I use the same weapons over and over. Scout rifle, scout rifle scout rifle. When it comes to heavy weapons, I pretty much shard everything because I have Sins of the Past. So there is no point in playing to upgrade my weapons.

I've maxed out my light level just from faffing about and getting powerful engrams, but also there isn't a single activity in the game where light level actually matters, but it's also so easy to raise light, even the light suggestions are a joke....so there is no point in playing to level up light.

If you're playing for gear, all the throttling or limiting or whatever, actively stops you from getting the tokens you need....so why grind?

Now, I'm not saying any of this with a negative or butthurt tone. I'll be back and Bungie will get things figured out. But relative to Cody's topic...I was excited for my guardian to "Become Legend" but turns out he's a cookie cutter guardian from the bargain bin at Costco.

[Edit: So reading this back, it's pretty salty which wasn't what I intended. At worst, I'm apathetic about things. I've been having fun playing Fortnite, so I'll just hang out there while things get sorted out starside, then I'll be planet jumping like before!:) ]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread