Because I have to and it's relevant (Criticism)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, January 22, 2018, 10:49 (2257 days ago) @ Korny

My guess is the problem is related to the API, but if it's really impossible, that still doesn't help my postmaster being full of shaders.

I think the problem is that it's really easy to fix, but it's also really easy to break a lot of other systems in the process. So the hardest part is actually make sure nothing else breaks.

I wonder if they could do the same fix that Guerilla did for Horizon Zero Dawn (even if it's a temporary solution). Rather than buying stacks, the longer you held down the button, the faster you'd buy them. In seconds, you'd have a steady stream of a resource being added to your inventory.

I wonder if the same process could be used to delete shaders.
Even if we can't delete them in bulk, it would save so much time for them to reduce the time to hold the button down to half a second. Honestly, I'd love to see reduced time-to-hold across the board.

That seems... tricky. I feel like they have X amount of seconds to delete anything right? I don't think they have any instant deleting of items. If they did, it might be easier to just set it to that. Maybe. It's so hard to say without seeing the code.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread