But they arent (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, May 31, 2018, 09:21 (2154 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Yeah. They need to try here. Ana’s new gun should have you doing super cool things to obtain.

Y'know, now I can't stop thinking about this. One of my favorite aspects of getting the Black Spindle was the audio that accompanied it; especially when I hadn't heard it teased beforehand. Things felt like they were going off-script and you're really sort of on your own at that point. Easily one of the least obvious things I felt the need to chase.

Rather than tying the path to an exotic around kill/precision or weapon-oriented quotas, some steps should really be lore or world-oriented. For example, something in the world becomes visible/vulnerable/accessible only at a certain time of night in a given area. Or, say a Ketch jumping into orbit to release some dropships presents a narrow window in which a Fireteam has to put themselves in place, or perform a specific act.

I remember you hating the "Ghost Ship" concept I cited from Zelda:WW; but I still think rare(and roving) in-world events are a solid way to do it.

As an aside, the whole EDZ dark forest area really seems underutilized; might be a good setting for exotic quest steps.

~M

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread