Bingo. (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, May 31, 2018, 12:49 (2150 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I'm generally okay with reusing content. I like the EDZ mission on Warmind, I don't care that it's just a reused Lost Sector. I don't really care that the strikes are just the story missions reused. Intelligent reuse of content makes sense.

Completely agree. These things don't need new assets to be created(aside from the reward); though I'd at least hope for some dialogue to go with them. Just areas off the beaten path and obscure hidden objectives would do. Give them fun requirements (oh, a hive sword spawns from this one enemy over in the corner. Have one fireteam member carry it with them through the next room and use it to destroy X object, etc etc)

I don't think reusing a story mission with literally no changes as the end of an exotic quest is fun, interesting, or worthwhile in any way whatsoever. If that's the best they can come with up, they should have just skipped that step altogether and just given you the gun.

Agreed. Or, if there are no changes slated, add something to spice it up.

A game like Destiny is always going to have recycled content, and that's fine. They need to think more about how the context of what they're reusing and why.

Dead on. It's all about the implementation.

~M

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread