Wish-Ender Could be better (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 13:50 (2018 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Good Write up!!

It is pretty cool when you aren't getting 1 shotted by hobgobs.

Wish-Ender could definitely use a tune up. The Overpenetration DOES do extra damage on single targets, as it does damage on entry and exit (not sure if you caught that). So as far as Single Target DPS it is very strong.

But then you have Trinity Ghoul that has some very exotic and useful perks. As tough as it was to unlock, I don't use it except to open Corrupted Eggs. The See-through-walls perk has its uses in PVP, but PVP is so fast paced since the update, the SLOW Rate-of-fire puts it behind subtle calamity, even if you can see through the walls.

The ornament makes it look badass though!

I did see the extra damage on exit, but it doesn’t seem to make much of a practical difference in most cases. No Turning Back will already 1-shot kill most weaker enemies, while also hitting other enemies all around your primary target thanks to Explosive Head (Wish Ender will only hit additional targets if they’re directly behind your primary target, which is less useful than I would have thought). Most stronger enemies have shields, and Wish Ender really struggles against shields. Once again, No Turning Back’s explosive perk actually seems to break through shields quite well. So even though Wish Ender might do more damage per shot against unshielded foes, it is so weak against shields that it feels like I’m putting myself at a disadvantage by equipping it.

For crucible, I’ve been using my Arsenic Bite, with Rampage and Archer’s Tempo. It has a draw-time masterwork which I’ve leveled fully. Its default draw time is 680, but mine is down to 620 thanks to the masterwork, with Archer’s Tempo speeding it up even more. By comparison, Subtle Calamity is 720, No Turning Back is 780, and Wish Ender is 900. So my Arsenic Bite is lightning-quick, it still 2-shots Guardians, and with Rampage active, it comes close to a 1-shot kill. I was using it in competitive last week, and routinely winning gun-fights against Bygones and Go Figures at mid range. We won 10 games in a row, even though Korny was on our team. It’s awesome :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread