The Shattered Throne (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 14:04 (1989 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I guess because everyone asked for more "end game content". Bungie delivered on that front, but they also bowed down to people who want the "power fantasy" of gaining power to do that end game content which I bet most of us here don't like. I have spoken to some that do enjoy that and I guess Bungie is targeting those people.

I've been quite vocal about my opinion that Destiny would be a substantially better game if light levels were completely removed. So I sympathize with Cody here. But in Bungie's defense, they have created so much unique content that has trickled out over the past 6 weeks that I've managed to hit 599 without ever feeling like I was mindlessly repeating stuff that I'd rather not do just so I can reach the content I do want to play, which is how Destiny has often made me feel in the past. The weekly story missions in the Dreaming City, the 6 unique ascendant challenges, plus the exotic weapon quests, top-tier spider wanted bounties, crucible and gambit and strikes... I'm having more fun with Destiny since the launch of forsaken than at perhaps any other time.

That said, I'm doing all of this with absolutely no hope or care of doing a blind raid. Nor was I concerned about remaining blind for this Dungeon. I managed to play through the whole Dungeon without having anything spoiled, but I did it haphazardly and out of order before going back and playing the whole thing "properly". For me, it worked out great. But I have also spent a lot of time playing since Forsaken launched. Like, A LOT. So there's really no question that the level grind is HUGE, and for anyone anxious to reach the content trapped on the summit of that climb, its a long and frustrating wait.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread