So, Wish Ender is a bit better than I thought... (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, October 18, 2018, 07:32 (1989 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I need to make a bit of a correction to my earlier statements about Wish Ender. I still don't think its amazing, but after spending some time with it in the Dreaming City, it is more powerful than I initially thought. A single shot would rip right through a red-bar Wizard's shield, and take out a good chunk of its health. I also found that I was often able to find positions or angles that would let me line up multiple enemies in a row, and I'd take them all out with a single shot thanks to the over-penetration. Its a very satisfying moment when that happens :)

I still don't think it quite earns the exotic slot. I can't imagine using it over Sleeper, Whisper, Ace of Spades, Tractor Cannon, or a dozen other exotics when I'm in challenging missions. But for running around in patrol or low-level strikes, it can be lots of fun.

I feel like that is how about half of the exotics work. They are totally fun and exotic, but they aren't worth the exotic slot in power.

Very true. And generally speaking, I think that's a good approach. I have certain weapons that I'll go to when I need raw DPS, but lots of others that fit niche roles or are fun in unique ways. I would love to see the "unique" factor cranked up a bit more. I was running Nightfalls with a guy who had just gotten the Black Talon exotic sword... he certainly wasn't doing as much raw damage with it as he could have been doing with his Sleeper, but he was having a blast with it nonetheless. It was awesome to watch, even just from a visual perspective, because it's wave attacks are such a unique visual effect. And it let him play differently than he usually does. Stuff like that is always great.

Yeah, that's how I feel when I play with Trinity Ghoul. It's hell of a lot of fun when killing groups of red bars and when I do I feel like Zeus. However, I don't think I would ever take it into a raid or anything with lots of orange/yellow bars.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread