The Shattered Throne *SP* (Destiny)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, October 18, 2018, 00:30 (1988 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I do not understand. We were all 380+ to 390+ and it took 30 minutes. Please describe what the heck you were doing that you could burn any of the enemies in the final room quickly. What class? What power level? What weapons?

What you describe sounds completely impossible to me. Not that I don't believe you. But it was so massively beyond my experience that I can't even imagine what you might have been doing.

We had 2 Shadowshot Hunters and I was using my Solar Titan. I was ~595, the other two were close to 590. I was using Sleeper and the IKELOS Shotgun, I believe both my teammates also had IKELOS shotguns. If I remember correctly, both of them were using Wish Ender in their primary slots at this time, so they’d equipped rocket or grenade launchers in their heavy slots. I never asked, but I do remember seeing some explosions during the battle.

I reached the boss room ahead of the other 2... one of them said “just start the fight and it will pull us forward to you.

I ran in and shoulder-charged one of the Knights, then unloaded my shotgun into it. One of my teammates spawned in behind me at about that time and fired a tether into the crowd of Knights. I activated my super and began blasting the group. With my last hammer, I killed the Knight that I had initially attacked. The other 2 had managed to pin my teammates at the entrance of the room, and killed both of them, with my teammates killing a 2nd Knight as they were taken down. I was able to finish off the 3rd Knight, res my one teammate, then I turned towards the wizard that was now moving around and I began hitting it with Sleeper. My other teammate revived our remaining fallen partner, and all 3 of us just crushed the wizard with a mixture of Sleeper, a few rockets, and shotguns.

I do wish I’d recorded a video of it, because I’d love to look back and get a better understanding of what exactly we did. We didn’t plan anything. It was our first attempt, and we just kinda smashed through it. I’d attempted the battle once before, 3 weeks ago when I was so underlevelled that the Knights were 1-shot killing me. So I’d never even seen the 2nd half of the fight before.

Ours went a little slower, but we still never had to worry about the debuff. In fact, we noticed it at the end, and thought it was just what enabled us to damage the wizard. I didn't even realize it was counting down. Here's our successful run if anyone wants to take a look at it.

Also, I just noticed how close I came to missing out on that 2nd Queen's Bounty for finishing the Shattered Throne while ascended and wearing full Reverie Dawn armor. It was definitely gone by the time we were transported back to the Dreaming City and may have been gone by the time I checked my inventory to look at the rewards. I might have only been 90 seconds away from screwing up that bounty :p

-Disciple

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread