Black Armory - Day 1 Impressions (Criticism)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, December 05, 2018, 06:56 (1973 days ago)
edited by breitzen, Wednesday, December 05, 2018, 07:21

I feel underwhelmed. I got some new weapons (a super fast firing shotgun that is a ton of fun) and had a relatively good time doing the quest steps (EP is great for those, Blind well too I'd guess), until the final step. WTF. Not only do I not know where the Forge is (is finding it part of the fun? Not really unless you give me a riddle or something), but I'm so under-leveled, doing the actual Forge event is just a waste of my time.

EDIT: I've been told I'm just blind and the Forge is actually on the map.

Take a hint from the Blind Well, have multiple tiers so I can do it on day one (with rewards appropriate for each difficulty tier). Or have a quest that leads me up to the Forge, gives me a powerful weapon, and then give me a new quest to claim the Forge.

But when I feel like I'm going to have to do another 2 weeks of grinding to finish the intro quest... ya done f***** up.

Setting down the game last night was so frustrating because I couldn't finish that first quest. I didn't feel powerful, I didn't feel like (here you go Cody) my time was valued, and I left wondering, what did I pay for?

NOW, much like the Dreaming City and EP, I'm sure I'll have a ton of fun with these events when I'm properly leveled.

My main criticism is with how poor (IMO) Black Armory starts. The carrot seems to be on a much longer stick, and that really really frustrates me.

Positivity time:

The Annex is a fantastic addition to the tower. I found a secret room, both there was nothing in it to really discover. I'd like that area to be more populated or at least have some scannable stuff for lore.

The two new weapons I got (shotgun and pulse rifle) are both really fun and have great design.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread