Different Experience (Criticism)

by squidnh3, Wednesday, December 05, 2018, 11:12 (1973 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Then I got to the Dreaming City and it felt like I was trespassing and I LOVED it. I had the same experience going underleveled into Crota and the Shattered Throne. Something about those places just felt right when I was struggling to survive. I could explore and poke around, but it was dangerous and exciting to do so.

Plenty of people have pointed to this exact experience as something they wanted to see more of in Destiny. We all remember the ??? enemies in the original Destiny Beta, and how much fun it was to try to sneak past them. At the beginning of Forsaken I had the experience of starting a Tier 3 Blind Well while where I wasn't leveled enough to even damage the enemies, so I switched to Tether and tried to generate orbs while using invisibility to revive the other players. It was a blast, even though we failed.

I've since had a lot of success at Tier 3 and 4 - almost to the point that it's trivial. I expect in a week or two, we'll all blow through some Black Armory Forges without barely even having to try. I don't see the issue with Bungie giving us a week or so of struggle with the new content - after we are leveled there's no going back to this state.

Full disclosure, I haven't even tried or looked at what the Forges entail. My understanding is that the encounters start at 620, and ramp up to 630. To me this means you can start trying at 605 (I'm already there after last night). There are plenty of reports of people succeeding at them at 605-610. Maybe you aren't as confident with your abilities, but I always think it's worth a try. There's really nothing like succeeding against overwhelming odds.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread