I'm glad I'm not the only one (Criticism)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, December 05, 2018, 12:15 (1973 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by Ragashingo, Wednesday, December 05, 2018, 12:38

I totally agree. Yes, Forsaken was amazing. Gameplay, story, deep lore, exploration, secrets. It had it all. I even enjoyed the initial underleveledness because it was clear there was a lot more to come.

That said... I feel like I’ve been grinding Power Level since... May? Since Warmind came out. Escalation Protocol was super punishing until I ground for several weeks. Then came Forsaken, and even the Tangled Shore campaign required me to grind a bit to keep up with the Barron missions. Then came the Dreaming City, where a lot of the space was almost too high level to interact with and a few Lost Sectors really were impossible to complete. Then my Raid group wanted to Raid in roughly a month and I was playing almost every day trying to chase Powerful Gear and still came in slightly underleveled. It was exhausting...

I was super thankful to have roughly a month when I let go of Destiny. I played halfway back through God of War. I jumped at the chance to play Final Fantasy XIII again and actually beat it for the first time. Then I switched to Fallout 4 and have just gotten to the comfortable point where I have good weapons, ok Power Armor, and enough perks and Fusion Cores that I feel decently powerful in the section of the story I’m at. Korny jokes, but aside from loving the Lore and doing Bite-sized Backstory, I’ve mostly been having a lot of fun away from Destiny!

And now Destiny comes back with new content. Yep, I went in with... not low expectations exactly, but... my hope is that Bungie is trying to give us another The Taken King/Forsaken at the end of 2019 and the price for that would be very limited campaigns until then. So I did the quest steps and ran into the high power level of the first forge and me and a couple of random got stomped. That sucked bad.

It wasn’t a totally wasted evening. I played Crucible and Gambit with DBO friends. And we did pretty good. But it all feels like it’s less in the service of fun and more in the service that very little Black Armory content or weapons can be obtained until I beat that first forge. So, fun with friends, but the looming grind even dampened that.

Oh... and we plan on doing the new Raid next week? Ha... *sigh*

I am super worn out in terms of Destiny. I’m at the point where I want to go back to Fallout 4 and then maybe Spider-Man and then other things until what I hope is a big late 2019 Forsaken style release. Yes... day one of Black Armory has me wishing Destiny itself would go away until this time next year!!

And the worst part? I feel like if I do drop out, even for a month, I’ll be so far behind the group I play with that I won’t be able to play with them. Friendships and group play are such a big part of Destiny for me, and now I feel those things are potentially going to go away as well.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread