For fans of Journey: (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, December 16, 2018, 22:13 (1928 days ago) @ Cody Miller

But it’s even worse than journey. Journey lets you explore in three dimensions. This is only two.

You know a few days ago, when you responded to someone because they didn't parse your argument?

This right here is a perfect example of why that happens. When say such obviously reductive things, we have no choice but to respond to the actual words you say, rather than whatever nuanced opinion you might actually have.

By your own reductive logic, Superman 64 is a better game than Super Mario World, and anyone who's ever held a controller knows that's not true.

As for Cruel's point:

You're not wrong. I will only say that moment is within the first four minutes of the game--I take it as an homage, and an obvious indicator of "this is what we're going for." The game isn't mechanically complex, but it does have more going for it in that department than Journey did.

I really loved Journey. It was a very special game, and this clearly takes huge inspiration from that. I think it works in that regard. It's a game that definitely has it's own ideas, and is definitely not just a Journey ripoff, but it is very similar in style.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread