I'm really loving it. (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, February 05, 2019, 21:18 (1868 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Korny and I played for four or five hours tonight. Blacktiger jumped in with us for a bit (and we won a game!). Here's the Mixer VOD. Our game-winning match starts at the 5:00 mark and ends at 24:30. It probably doesn't look anywhere near as exciting as it felt.

I've just been having an absolutely blast. The game just feels good, and I'm growing more comfortable actually engaging in gun fights, and getting better at learning when to push forward and be aggressive or when to bail and run away.

I know a lot of folks are bummed about no solos-only games, but I think it was a smart move. The abilities are good on their own, and ultimately would probably be fine for solo play, but I've seen some great combined uses from squads. I also know myself well enough to know that if I could play solos-only, I totally would have done that, and I don't think I'd have enjoyed that enough to still be playing it.

The "ping" system in this game is so smart. I played a handful of matches before Korny jumped on tonight, and I had a few great ones with complete randos where the built in communicate button worked fantastically. Just ping anything of interest, push down on the d-pad to say thanks, ping something someone else has pinged to agree. Obviously still a disadvantage against teams using voice chat, but it works so well, and it's still really helpful even if you're in a squad all using voice chat.

Obviously it's only been a day, but I can't overstate how much I really like the game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread