It’s not for me (Gaming)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, February 18, 2019, 21:24 (1855 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Jumped in for a bit with Cheapley and BlackTiger tonight. I had plenty of fun, but I think it was my teammates more than the game we were playing. While I can totally see the appeal, and it does seem like a thoroughly well made game, I was instantly missing the fluid traversal and snappy combat that make Titanfall so much fun. The combat in Apex just feels a bit stiff and lifeless to me... not bad in any way, just kinda “meh”. There’s loads of cool buildup and mechanics, all leading towards a burst of action when the fighting starts, but I never found the fighting itself particularly fun.

I immediately jumped from Apex back into Titanfall 2, and had a blast.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/nevindouglas/video/69641856

Overall, I’m torn on Apex. It’s great for what it is, and I’m glad people are enjoying it so much. Plus it’s always cool to see a talented developer try something a little different, and do it well. But I’m also a bit bummed out that they made this instead of Titanfall 3. There’s no shortage of Battle Royal games out there, but nobody makes anything like Titanfall. Plus, there are a lot of little mechanics and ideas in Apex that I’d love to see in a Titanfall game. Oh well :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread