Some pro tips for Gambit Prime: (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, March 06, 2019, 13:22 (1849 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Korny, Wednesday, March 06, 2019, 14:22

-Much like the Taken Blight, the Primeval's health seems to scale based on what damage cycle you're on, so don't bother using Supers or Heavies on him for the first couple. Instead, since you'll likely be getting Invaded constantly anyway, focus exclusively on the Wizard waves, Blockers, and the Invader, as well as building up your heavy ammo supply.

-Because of the damage scaling, you can actually put yourself at an advantage against the enemy by letting them summon their primeval first, then spamming them with Blockers (especially the 15 motes), since they can no longer Invade (Although we did get some Invaders post-primeval for some reason. Bug?). Combine that with invasions, and the enemy will have a tough time saving ammo for their third damage phase. At which point they'll also have to deal with a number of blockers. Almost won a 3v4 game with this accidental strat (especially satisfying when I dropped a tether in the middle of the Blockers, and let the enemy team find it the hard way after I had left).

- Just like regular Gambit, locating the enemy invader is really easy. They don't spawn on a point where enemies are coming in, and thanks to the new algorithm, they likely won't spawn next to a teammate. Keep your eye on the radar for the gaps in these factors. That red blip will give them away.

- Grenade launchers do even more damage now. Great for groups, the boss, and Invading. Furthermore, Fighting Lion uses primary ammo, so you'll likely never run out. Other than that, Linear Fusion rifles are still great; two shots for an Invader, and the boss stands still out in the open. If you have Jotunn, I can only assume it's also a good all-around weapon.

Fun gametype overall, even if each match is a bit long.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread