Gambit Prime = I'm confused (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, March 08, 2019, 14:05 (1874 days ago) @ ManKitten

As for Gambit Prime, it seems like filling the bank is just pointless game mechanic designed for us to kill bad guys to collect heavy ammo. Every game I've played, one team has summoned a primeval immediately, then proceeds to do zero damage to him. 5 minutes later the second team summons, and both primevils have full health. It then just goes in a constant back and forth of invaders invaders invaders. Multiple cycles of DPS on the boss that yields zero results, until one round...for some reason...he melts like butter in lava. Sometimes it's the 3rd cycle, sometimes it's the 6th.

So in regular Gambit over time (and helped by killing the envoys) your damage is buffed by the Primeval Slayer buff. In Gambit Prime the buff goes up every time you drop the Primeval's shield. So the first time you drop his shield you're basically doing nothing to him. By the 3rd round you can do decent damage, but in most the games I've been in it's almost always canceled out by Invader kills (even a single kill). 4th round and on he just melts if you saved your heavy and supers.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread