Could not disagree more. (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, April 16, 2019, 13:25 (1837 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Stomp mechanics on a narrow bridge? Fuck that noise.

Boop them baaaaack.

But seriously, I find that part terrifying, but fun. If your team isn't focusing fire on the big boys, you're gonna have a bad time. I think the point is to melt them before they even come close enough to stomp. Seems like most folks aren't as big of fans of Reckoning as I am. Oh well.

Agreed. The addition of the "push" to so many different things in D2 has been seriously irritating.

A few of us had this discussion last night. I agree that push/stomp mechanics are at a point of being overused. But allowing the player to exist in such close proximity opens bosses up to a number of damage mechanics that would require them being turned into insane damage sponges to counteract. However, flamethrower/area-effect attacks, power-drain mechanics, defensive abilities...lots of ways exist for them to approach that particular problem.

I hope that Reckoning has more of a future than just being a Prime armor farm. I think the concept can be developed a bit further than we're seeing now. New boss fights, additional segments to navigate, even at 3 tiers but on a revolving basis, would add some depth to the experience.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread