Could not disagree more. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, April 17, 2019, 20:56 (1826 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

But if I want that Gambit Prime armor, I’ve gotta do a boatload if Reckoning to get it. Which I don’t find fun, so I don’t chase the armor. And then I go into Gambit Prime (which I find quite enjoyable), and I go up against top-tier 4 stacks who are all running max-Level sets of Prime armor, which puts me at enough of a disadvantage that the fun is starting to drain out of that activity for me as well.

This sums up exactly why I'm pretty disillusioned with the game at the moment. That's literally the entire game at this point. It's become "If you want to X, you have to do a whole lot of Y before we'll let you." That's the entire leveling progression system, and it's just tiresome.

That horse is well and thoroughly beaten, at this point, but it's just so disappointing that it's almost difficult not to complain about it. I want to have fun playing Destiny, but it's just not that anymore. Raising the level cap every season is a huge misstep as far as I'm concerned, and I'll be so far behind behind next season that I'm honestly questioning if I'll want to play it at all.

As much as I want a good, big fall expansion, I'd be sort of relieved if we didn't get one and they just put the entire studio heads down on Destiny 3 for a 2020 release and it comes out and really does something new and amazing. I don't think there's any chance of that happening, but that's what I'd wish for.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread