Mini-events (Gaming)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, April 24, 2019, 07:40 (1827 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I feel you. I really do worry about the state of perpetual crunch in live service games. It really does seem like no one is winning (besides the rich guys at the top who have enough money anyway). Developers get to spend their every waking moment at work, and players get half-baked mediocre content every month or two. Like, let’s be real here. The Dawning, The Festival of the Lost, The Revelry. They are neat little events, but is that really compelling content? Would we not be better off to skip that shit and let Bungie take more time to make genuinely great stuff? I hate to #codywasright this, but I’d be far more interested in just getting a Forsaken every year, even if it means a year long gap between releases.

I personally love the mini-events. They aren't anything extra special, but I enjoy them every time. Not just for the content, but for the idea of them. I mean, I think they went over the top with the decoration this year and I love it. And yes, I just said that about a video game main hub. I even showed the wife who has basically no interests in games.

Most people might say that it adds nothing to the story, but I still see these mini events as the WW2 Christmas day where war stops for one day and we remember something before all the fighting. I like that. Sure, I've only played for about 2-3 days, but that doesn't matter. I don't have to play constantly for 3 weeks to enjoy the content. And if people think that is what it takes to enjoy content then... I don't know, just like, my opinion.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread